HOW TO APPLY
We invite diversity in stories and applicants for this grant. Please feel free to type out your answers in the language of your choice. You may then use Google Translate (or any other service) to translate your answers into English before submitting. Applicants will not be judged on the basis of language proficiency.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER OF BITCHITRA COLLECTIVE
Fill out this brief form.
Bitchitra Collective, a group of women/ non-binary filmmakers is proud to announce the inaugural Bitchitra Collective Documentary Film and Media Fellowship. Emerging, mid career and established women/ non-binary filmmakers are invited to submit proposals for feature length docs (over 45 mins) and short docs (under 45 mins).
This is a unique opportunity for members to work together and elevate untold stories from our community. It is our hope that this Fellowship will, through time, amplify voices of those identifying as women or non-binary filmmakers and support them in their film making journey. We welcome and encourage members of our collective to apply.
THE FELLOWSHIP OFFERS THE FOLLOWING
- A grant of $2000 to a feature or or a short doc.
- A mentor with industry experience relevant to your project who will work with you for a set number of sessions spread out through the course of a year.
- Access to industry members through professional development workshops and collaboration opportunities.
- We will offer all the funds at once. But in good faith we ask you to commit to your time with your mentor.
- Inform Bitchitra Collective grants initiative of your progress.
- Bitchitra Collective is a community based collective and depends on its members to help progress the cause of women in film. As a recipient of this grant you may be required to pay it forward by participating in/leading workshops, panels or other programs when you can.
- Provide 2-3 stills of the film (cleared for publicity use) and a headshot of director for publicity
- Sign an agreement accepting the funds and mentorship commitments
- Provide a W9 if you’re a US based grantee, and a W-8BEN if you are an India based grantee (we will provide you the form)
- Provide a financial report at the end of grant period (one year) on how funds were spent
- Credit Bitchitra Collective in the final film
- The applicant must be a member of Bitchitra Collective
- Be the director of the project –emerging, mid-career or established directors are welcome.
- Be the owner of the copyright of the project, maintaining editorial control of the story
- Project must be a feature or short length project in any stage
- Access must be secured and a clear vision for the project articulated
- India grantees must have a bank account where funds can be wire transferred from the US
- US grantees can opt to receive a check. Additionally US based grantee must be a resident or citizen of the US
- Funds can only be spent on project related expenses.
WHAT/WHO WE DO NOT FUND
- Student project
- Commercial or a promotional film
- Applicant who is not a member of the Bitchitra Collective
- Institutions or organizations
- Applicant who is not the director of the project
Submission call opens: September 7, 2022 (Submissions are now Closed.)
Deadline: EXTENDED to November 20, 2022 (11:59 PM PST) (Submissions are now Closed.)
HOW TO APPLY
Submissions are now Closed.